[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Possible alert : Taurids

Hi Pierre,

I watched between 4:15 and 5:50 am PST today and saw 24 meteors, most of them
Taurids and a number of them bright enough to be considered fireballs.  They
were quite spectacular.  I plan to watch some tonight before the moon rises
and in the morning after it sets.  I am somewhat grateful for the moon as I
don't think I could make it all night.  I apologize that may sitings are not
in official language. It is only the 2nd time I have watched and I am just
learning the sky.  Many of the meteors were brighter than Jupitor and
travelled for 4-6 seconds and it is the brightness as I understand it that
classifies them  a fireball.  Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Clear skies,

Joy