[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Observations Oct 30/31 ZAYGE

Well....I got up this morning around 1 am and drove on up to my Descanso
observing site. I timed it with the moon setting and began at 2h11 local. The
skies were clear and calm...but very wet. I had to use the hair dryer each
time I advanced the film of my cameras. Anyhow, the skies were about 6.0. I
observed for a teff of about 2.5 hours. I plotted 23 meteors. No fireballs.
Orioinids still showing signs of life. I plotted 8 of these critters. The
taurids were about equal with North and South activity. I recorded 2 STA's and
3 NTA's. The brightest was a -2 S. Taurid. Just for the record...I did not
sight any spooks or goblins.
George Zay