[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Daylight Leonid Meteor Strom

adam<<
 On the subject of film, I would think a moderate ASA film, say 200 would be
good and allow
 reasonable grain with fast exposure speed to reduce blurring in fireballs. <<

This sounds like color film I think? I'm not familiar with any black and white
film with ASA's at 200. But if you are using black and white film and plan on
using a red filter to increase the contrast, don't forget about the filter
factor that reduces the amount of light reaching the film. If you are using a
telephoto lens of some kind, you want to make sure that your shutter speed
doesn't end up being too slow. I haven't worked out the possible shutter
speeds that I might be facing with a filter and telephoto lens combination.
Since I will be shooting black and white, I may not want to shoot film with
ASA not less than 400? Anything else may be too slow despite any grain
effects. With black and white film, you have a little more play in getting a
print in the darkroom than with color. Nowadays film is quite good in respect
to graininess.
George Zay