[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Daylight Leonid Meteor Strom

Mikutis<<
 You could try using Kodak Profesional Ectachrome 200 ASA (color print
 film)and have it push processed to 400 ASA. This seems to require a
 different development process though.
 I've had 400 ASA film push-processed before, with excellent results. <<

Yes this can be done, but I prefer black and white and do the appropriate
development myself.

 Mikutis>>I have noticed that the Kodak Ectachrome ASA 400 gives very good
results,
 however, with minimal graininess! This film also seems to be more blue
 sensitive.
  Whereas, Fujichrome ASA 400 seems to be more red sensitive.<<

If you use color film, you might want to make sure you have a Ultraviolet
filter on the lens? Otherwise, the sky might look a little washed out?

 Mikutis>>Overall, I like the Kodak Professional Ectachrome 400 ASA the best.
It
 costs alittle more, but the greater contrast and minimal graininess is
 worth it.<<

I don't think graininess would be much of a concern here really. I personally
tend to shy away from the transparency films due to their short latitude range
in exposures. If I remember right, black and white film allows you to be off
up to about 2  f/stops and be able to correct for it. Transparency film allows
about a 1/2 stop. They may have changed since the last time I used
transparency film about 20 years ago?

 George Zay