[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Oct. 30/31 Fireball

Hi all,

Long time no talk. Just a quick note to report a fireball I saw while driving
home from my company dinner dance. Since I was in the car on the Belt Parkway
in NY I have no reference stars or any super accurate details. Here's what I
do have ->

Time: approx  12:40 am EST on Oct. 30/31, and lasted about 1 second and a half
It appeared in the west south west (to the left of the Moon/Jupiter in the sky
as you are looking westward), coming in at a steep angle. There were no
reference stars seen for me to give a better location. It appeared about mag.
-8,  the color was a definite yellow/green, with a length of at least 20 deg.
and a speed of  4. There was no train or wake, and because I was in the car,
there was no sound.

end of report.

Kevin