[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) NAMN Guide

For all the new subscribers to our list, just wanted to pass on that the
second edition of the North American Meteor Network's observing guide is
available via the Internet.

Approximately 50 printed pages long, "Meteor Showers and Their
Observation: A North American Meteor Network Guide" serves as a manual
of observing techniques used by NAMN. To simplify its availability, I
have written it as an ASCII text file using a Courier New, 10-point font.
Thus, it is easily imported to a word processor and formatted to suit
individual tastes.

The Guide is composed of eight chapters and covers such topics as visual
counts, plotting, photography, telescopic observing and much more. To
complete the Guide, there are six appendices which include a list of meteor
showers, glossary and a recommended reading list. Finally, the NAMN
Visual Summary Report is included as both a filled out sample and a blank
copy for personal use in reporting observations.

I urge those with the first edition of the NAMN Guide to obtain a copy of
this new edition. Much of the text has been revised and a new chapter on
telescopic observing has been added.

Over 320 copies have been sent out since January 1997. For those interested
in obtaining a free copy of the NAMN Guide, send a request to me at the
address below.

Clear skies!

Mark Davis, MeteorObs@charlestondot net
Visual Program Coordinator
North American Meteor Network & American Meteor Society
NAMN:   http://medicine.wustldot edu/~kronkg/namn.html
AMS:    http://www.serve.com/meteors