[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: leonid project of meteor section of URSA, Finland

At 13:04 1998-11-02 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello!
>
>Greetings to all fellow meteor observers from Finland!
>
>I am writing to this list for the Meteor Section of
>URSA astronomical association Leonid Expedition
>to China.
>
>We have three participants from Finland and we
>arrive to Peking at 13.11, which gives us enough time
>to prepare our activities before 17.11 observations.
>We return to Helsinki 20.11. Section leader Marko
>Toivonen is also participating to this project.
>
>I am writing because I want to know if some of you
>have planned also to go to China and maybe we can
>join our efforts and co-operate on this project.
>
>We are planning to achieve good visual and photographic
>observations from Leonids.
>
>My e-mail addresses is:
>
>markku.nissinen@pp.inet.fi. (to work: markku.nissinen@pulpexpert.fi)
>section e-mail address: meteorit@ursa.fi
>
>I am reading my e-mail more often than Marko, but here is
>also his address: marko.toivonen@ursa.fi.
>
>Best Greetings,
>
>Markku Nissinen
>r-obs.
>Finnish Meteor Section (URSA)

Hi Markku,

I am very surprised to learn more meteorobservers are heading to China.
We, the Dutch Meteor Society, are setting up a large expedition to China too.
This expedition is a co-operation with the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
We are with two teams each at a diffenent location in Chian to minimize the
risk of bad weather.

One team of 8 observers is located at Xinglong observatory which is about
150 kilometsr north-east of Beijing, the other team consisting of 9
observers is situated near Delingha radio observatory which is about 600
kilometers west of Xining which in turn is 200 kilometers west of Lanzhou
in the center of China.

We will perform visual, radio and double-station photographic observations.
Our expedition takes part in the scientific investigations which are
coordinated by Dr. Peter Jenniskens of NASA-AMES.

You will find all information regarding this "ground-based" Sino-Dutch
Leonid Expedition 1998 on the website of the Dutch meteor Society:

Please have a look!

Best wishes and clear skies!

Casper.

Sino-Dutch Leonid Expedition 1998