[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) October 30/31 1998 observation

Hello,

Here is the observing report for October 30/31. After, a local
starparty, I did not feel like driving one hour to my dark site.
So I observed a bit from my backyard. The session was short and
lasted a little more than an hour (of actual observing time).
I had to take some breaks. Anyway, LM of 5.9 was quite good for
my backyard and very good transparency. The Taurids were active
with a few nice meteors (but no fireballs). The Southern Taurids
were a a little more active than the Northern branch.
As I was setting up, a nice -2 fast, blue meteor went down in the
SE with a small burst. I could not identify as my session was not
on yet.

Now that the moon and clouds, perhaps some snow(?) are back,
I don't expect to observe for at least a few days.

DATE: October 30/31 1998
BEGIN: 6:20 UT (1:20 EST)  END: 8:25 UT (3:25 EST)
LOCATION: Long: -75.491 West; Lat: 45.474 North  Elevation:100m
City & Province: Orleans, Ontario, CANADA

OBSERVING PERIODS: 0 = none seen;    / = shower not watched.

PERIOD(UT)    FIELD   Teff   F      LM    SPO STA NTA
6:20-8:25     SE60    1.2   1.00   5.9     6   3   1   =  10

MAGNITUDE DISTRIBUTIONS:

SHOWER +1  +2  +3  +4

SPO     0   1   2   3
STA     2   0   0   1
NTA     1   0   0   0
---------------------
Totals: 3   1   2   4

---------------------

SKY OBSCURED:
none

Total dead time: 53 minutes (no plots)
Breaks:
UT 6:40-7:14
7:18-7:36
8:15-8:16

                                   .    .    . .
Pierre Martin                     . . *  . *  .  .
******************************** . . . \   | .  .
NAMN Visual meteor observer       .  .    .  .   . .
RASC Ottawa - meteor coordinator   .    . . .  -* .
Ottawa Valley Astronomy and          . .   . .  .
Observers Group                         /  . .  . .
Graphic Designer                        .  |    .
home:  p.martin@cyberusdot ca                 |   \
work:  pmartin@nmstcdot ca                    *  . \
                                                  *