[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Oct 20/21B 1998 fireball report

Lew<<
 BTW, all, I read in Oepik's _Physics of Meteor Flight in the Atmosphere_
 the other night, that at the time of his writing, models suggested that
 no meteor slower than 30 km/s could have a train! How long did this idea
 last - or is it in fact true??

I'd say the existence of a train depends on the material coming in, too.
Remember the June Bootids which had trains and are as slow as 19 km/s.

...I am just here with George and enjoy his hospitality,
Rainer