From: webadmin@www.madsci.org (Joe Simpson)
To: (The MAD Scientist Network)
Cc: simpson@npg.wustldot edu
Subject: Internet Science Fair call for volunteers

          [This message sent via the The MAD Scientist Network.]

The following was received by the Mad Scientist Network:

"The University of Central Florida, in coordination with the National Medal
of Technology Program, is host for a virtual science fair that will expand
opportunities for students to participate nationally in real world science
projects.  The "Internet Science and Technology Fair"  (ISTF) will enable
teams of students and their teachers to explore Internet information
resources and collaborate via e-mail with scientists and engineers to
develop "Project Homepages".  Their projects focus on National Critical
Technologies vital to our nation's economy and security.  Our goal in
creating the ISTF is to heighten students interest in pursuing technical
careers and increase their awareness of the impact science and technology
has on their lives, world and economy.  Please visit our website at
http://istf.ucfdot edu for additional details.

This is the second year of the ISTF and we have to date 26 teams
participating.   We are still in the process of locating on-line technical
advisors for the 6 of the teams.  A technical advisor responds to e-mail
questions from a particular student team for a period of 8 weeks.  A team
averages from 2-3 questions per week about the specific National Critical
Technology application they are applying to real world conditions."

Joe Simpson, simpson@npg.wustldot edu
                       The MAD Scientist Network
                       http://madsci.wustldot edu
                       webadmin@www.madsci.org