[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) upcoming shower?

Hi, list:

I have gotten several calls at the planetarium recently from people in
Louisiana and eastern Texas, asking about the big meteor shower coming
up on November 25.  I figure they probably mean the Leonids on the 17th,
but am at a loss to figure out why the 25th is so popular.

Has anyone else gotten calls like this, or is it something relatively
local?  Does anyone know of ANY astronomical events (meteor or
otherwise) big enough to catch the public's attentions coming up on the
25th?

Dave Hostetter