[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) ALL PLEASE READ: The Busy 'meteorobs' List

Lew>>For two weeks from about November 11 to November 25, the 'meteorobs'
list will become EXTREMELY BUSY with requests for information about,
reports of observations of, and analysis of data from the major meteor
shower (and possible meteor STORM) known as the "Leonids".

Because of this, and because of the vital role we all hope our list
can play during the Leonids, I'd respectfully request that all threads
not DIRECTLY related to the Leonids or their observation (or to other
active showers such as the Taurid complex, Alpha Monocerotids or Chi
Orionids) be kept off the list. This includes all messages that would
more properly sent to one or two individuals, even if Leonid-related...

Does this make sense to all?<<

Not really. Just about any question at all pertaining to meteors and meteor
observing can be associated with Leonids and someone's ability to observe
them. My shower is your shower or my problem could be someone else's problem.
Just because one individual already may know the answer to a general meteor
question or topic, doesn't mean that all do? I can't really think of very many
topics that has been posted here that can't be interpreted to being Leonid
related to someone in someway?
George Zay