[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Astronomy, meteor, meteorite subjects

>Folks!
>Just a suggestion here. I'm probably like most of you in that I get tons of
>email everyday. With it a lot of junk mail cleverly disguised with unclear
>Subject titles. I think it would help a lot, especially with the onslaught of
>mail to coincide with the leonid meteor shower, that everyone put something
>within the title that would designate it as being of some kind of astronomy,
>meteor or meteorite related topic.

Folks,

I would like to add another suggestion to George's above. If you use resend
(which is an easy way to redirect a new message to meteorobs) but change
the topic of discussion from the origianl message, then please change the
subject in your header to correspond to the new idea. As an example we had
tens of messages recently under the subject header Halloween Meteors and
none of those messages after the first few had anything at all to do with
halloween meteors. Most email software allows a change in the subject even
with a resend.

Taking just a little time to do this is just a matter of digital politness
and helps everyone who tries to control their messages by using the subject
headers.

Thank you in advance for following the suggestion,

Terry

Terry Richardson
Department of Physics and Astronomy
College of Charleston
Charleston, SC 29424
pager #937-1048
note new area code for the SC Lowcountry!
843 953-8071 phone
843 953-4824 fax
http://www.cofcdot edu/~richardt/

Office Loaction: Science Center Room 102