[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Taurid fireball is active.

Takema<<
 <Taurid Fireballs>
 Taurid fireball activity is high again.  Four Taurid fireballs apeared
 6th through 8th in November in Japan.  Three fireballs out of four are
 N.Taurids.  there are 14 Taurid fireballs witness till now In Japan.
 What about your place?

 M  D  UT        Mag   stream
 ------------------------------
 11 06 13h15m       ?     Tau
 11 07 12h06m      -6  (N)Tau
 11 08 11h19m      -4  (N)Tau
 11 08 12h58m      -4  (N)Tau
 <<

Are these listed fireballs from one observer, or a collective from many
observers from all over Japan? These fireballs reflects how many hours of
observing? Or are they from photographic networks?  If they are from all over
japan, the rates and magnitude of fireballs you show above doesn't strike me
as being anything overly unusual. That would be like reporting the fireball
rates from the whole state of California approximately. Which wouldn't seem
unusual to me. From an area that big, I would expect about this many fireballs
from a shower with just a few well spaced observers. Also not knowing how many
hours of observing these fireballs are seen under,  I can't get a "feel" if
there is something unusual going on or not.
george zay