[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Observations Nov 10/11 ZAYGE

Well...Last night at sunset the skies were clear, so I decided to head up to
my Descanso, Ca obseratory and see if I can plot some Taurid activity. I
started shortly after 7 pm and had hopes of observing till about midnight with
the rising moon. I would have started about 45 minutes earlier, but I was
convinced by my daughter to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer with her before
leaving. I got a good Teff of 1.5 hours observing in before a rather thick and
consistent pattern of cirrus clouds suddenly moved in. Knowing that there is a
storm front a little ways north of here, I've decided to call it a night and
not wait any longer to see if it will clear. So...under clear skies and an
approximate LM of around 6.0, I plotted only 6 meteors. One was a N. Taurid,
the others were sporadics. The brightest was a slow  0 magnitude sporadic.
George Zay