[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonid Weather

LARGEEYES wrote
>In other words, NOONE has a clue what the weather will be like next week?
>*sigh*
	Sadly, that appears to be true. Unfortunately, there is a fast flow
from west to east, making precise forecasting impossible more than a few
days in advance. And with todays computer model runs, the news has not
gotten better; the various models agree to disagree, and are inconsistant
from one run to the other...this means that confidence in any given
forecast is low.
Perhaps when we get closer, say Saturday or Sunday, things will begin to
clear up <grin>
In any case, the fast west to east flow across the US means that even when
we do get close, the timing predictions will be poor.
	At least the Leonids timing is fairly predictable :->

Wayne