[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: November 6/7 1997 Outburst

OK Lew,

On the night of November 6/7 1997 Jose Trigo observing from either
Spain or the Canary Islands (sorry, I cannot recall the exact location)
plotted approximately 13 meteors from a very tight radiant located at
111 +10 or 7:24 +10, just north of Beta Canis Minoris.

My plots from this morning Nov. 12/13 converge near 117 +05 or just
east of Procyon. All possible meteors seen this morning were medium-
fast or 4 (out of 5) using a numeric scale.

For these two radiants to be similar the radiant drift is acceptable
in Right Ascension but a change of 5 degrees in Declination is a bit
too drastic for 6 days (Nov 6/7 to Nov 12/13). I would expect Trigo's
radiant to be located near 117 +09 if his plots were accurate.

A difference of 4 degrees is not really all that much when you
consider that the average distance from the possible radiant was 20-
25 degrees.

We should keep an eye out on this area of the sky.

Bob Lunsford

Lew Gramer wrote:

> Bob, could you review for the list what the specifics
> of this possible radiant that Jose noted were?

Follow-Ups: References: