[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) How about the N Pole? + a mini report.

LARGEYES and GeoZay said,

> >>Looks like it'll be mostly cloudy near cincinnati---any suggestions?<<
>
> Move to Florida.
> GeoZay

What is the forecast for the N.pole ? No, really ! Move there and be on
same longitude as the East, Europe and Americas all at same time, plus
24 hr observing  :-)
Perhaps the Dutch team went the wrong way ?

Clear skies in SW England lastnight and tonight, but they say it will
soon be cloudy, HECK ! Bother! and other words come to mind.

I watched, casually, for about 1hr lastnight( this morning really)
just to see what was going on, 15Nov 03:30-04:30 UT, variable clear to
50% o/cast. variable LM down to a best of 5.5. No Leonids, no Taurid,
1 sp., got cold went to bed !

Totally clear sky now, nearly 2am local(=02:00 UT) 16Nov so I'm off for
another go, +2degC so should be a nice watch,,,,, much XXing of
fingers,,,,

Happy Leonids everyone,
Malcolm.