[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Where have all the Leos gone?

Where you gone and hidden them all ??? !

I observed between 02:10 and 03:15 UT this morning Mon16Nov
excellent sky for the UK ( LM 5.5 or better, even getting down to
kappa Canis Major at -32 dec, most unusual for my latitude of +51.5N )

Total of 2 probable Leonids and 3 sp ! huh!
The first Leo, from west of Orion's belt to head of Cetus ( approx.)
was very nice, mag about -1 colour white-yellow (not as orange as
beetlejuice!)
swift, no bursting no train, just 1 min into the session. NICE ONE,
could do with a few more of those. One hr later (sigh) +2mag, feeble
below Pollux.
I know its a bit early BUT just 2 (sigh).

Back out after a fortification of whisky (Laphroaig) at 0400 till 0415UT
1 more Leonid, mag +1. north of Castor. Hmmmm was that a fluke or
does it bode well for the statistics, shall I go out again or go to
bed ?

The sun will be up soon, drat!
Malcolm.