[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Bolide en route to work

It's no fun having to get up at 3:15 a.m. to go to work. . . but I got a treat
this Monday morning as I was driving up the Saw Mill River Parkway in
Westchester County, New York.  Out ahead of me, I saw a brilliant blue-white
flash, followed by a rapidly fading "contrail" just off to the right of the
bowl of the Big Dipper.  No doubt a Leonid bolide!  My first one for the
current apparition. . .

Clouds should (unfortunately) predominate tonight. . . but am ready for
Tuesday night/Wednesday morning when local weather conditions should improve
markedly.

-- joe rao