[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids over Brazil?

        Hi fellows
        I could not believe myself. After looking the skies for about 30
minutes I saw a fire ball with long trail. The trail lasted 4 seconds.
        On 11.17.98.  The time: 00:12 minutes Brazilian Standard Time
        The direction: northeast heading southwest
        My location: Maceis, northeast Brazilian Coast  - 80 miles above
paralel 10: . At that specific time, direct over my house, I had the
Constellation we call  "The Three Maries"  - 3 Stars on line.
        Could it be part of Leonids Show or it was endeed a meteorite?
        I did not expect to see anything ... but something crossed over the
skies...that I'm 100% sure. No fooling.. not making myself a fool.
        Regards from Brazil
        JOEL CONRADO