[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fwd: (meteorobs) Leonids nov. 16/17 from Belgium

-- BEGIN included message

Was out between 01h UT and 05h30 UT exposing film to (hopefully) lots of those
extremely bright Leonids that just kept on coming. My very rough estimate for
the rate was about 1-5 meteors per minute initially, rising to 10-15 meteors
per minute between 04h30 and 05h UT. Best I've ever seen :-))
I'd guess that roughly half of the Leonids were in the negative brightness
range, with several casting distinct shadows, and a single one at about -15m
that turned night to day ...
Lots of beautifull colors too, fascinating drifting trains, two possible
electrophonic events, ...

I just hope the next night is even better, as was predicted by most sources.

greetings
Mark Vints

-- END included message