[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: (meteorobs) Leonids Over Southern New Jersey

    I saw your report of the long-lasting trail after I posted mine!   I hope
we can get enough observations to learn more about it.  I've already heard
from a fellow in light pollution and local glare about 10 miles from here who
saw the same meteor and trail and under his bright conditions was only able to
detect it for 36 seconds (he saw it in Auriga, same time, no doubt as to its
identity).
     One more look at the brightening dawn sky...then to bed.  Perhaps we can
hope tomorrow night to get to see hours of display similar to tonight's one or
so (or did you have your sky mostly clear for much longer than an hour?).
                                             --Fred