[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Arizona Leonids

Observed from 8:30-13:05 UT from Holbrook, AZ.  I saw numerous bright
meteors with long persistant tails.  At 12:48 witnessed a -10 Mag
fireball that left a train for 10 mins.  That was the brightest...never
saw any -11 thru -15, but am thankful for the clear skies.  I saw two
stationary meteors near Algieba in Leo near radiant of about -1
magnitude.

High thin clouds rolled in about 1200 UT (ones George sent over from
California I presume)...;^) I think they will remain here for the next
few days, so I am happy to at least get one good night in.

It did seem to slow down after 1100 UT for some reason...I was seeing on
an average of 1 per minute before that time.  I wasn't as impressed with
the number of meteors, but the quality was excellent.  I may have
captured a few of these on film...will find out when I get them
developed.

DNA