[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonid Report

       11/17/98   9:43 AM                             Sweetwater Quickmail
  Name Leonid Report                      #
                                                        [ ]
                                                         Is on the line
Topic                                                   [ ]New caller
 Wk#                       Hm#                          [ ]Telephoned
Notes

From  Fort Wayne IN USA
5:30 to 6:30 AM EST
We had a very nice clearing that 5:15 that gave me an
opportunity to observe many meteors . They fell at a very steady rate of 2-6 a
min with a 8 minute lapse
that was void of any activity at 6:10 AM EST
This is the brightest shower I have ever observed
Im sure my count would have been up if I would have been at my dark sky site.
I will be observing tonight with a clear forecast
I plan on sending a more formal report 11/18/98
I do have unguided photos now and should have guided photos tomorrow!

Jeff_ Law@Sweetwater.com
or
Astronut2000@yahoo.com

                                                        [ ]Please call