[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) NAMN Meteor Report: Nov 16/17, 1998 (DAVMA)

> Subject:       (meteorobs) NAMN Meteor Report: Nov 16/17, 1998 (DAVMA)

Hi Mark!!

> My relocation worked as I arrived on the island under clear skies. Quickly
> setting up, the breeze not only helped with cloud cover, but also
> mosquitoes, as the 60+ degree (F) temps were bringing them out.

60, 60 we are dealing with -5 c temps no mosquitoes here either : )

> Of the 85 Leonids I saw, 12 were bright enough to be classified as a
> fireball. The brightest was a -7.0 magnitude. I was also impressed with the

In a case of known meteor shower fireballs, do reports get filled
out??

Also, can anyone tell me what the lowest cloud ceiling is?  I was
just wondering if the meteors make it through the lowest ceiling, I
might get a chance to see some.

Kim