[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids from California

Woke up at 3 to howling winds and driving rain.  Local radar indicated a small
gap in the storm to the west, so got up at 4 and drove 15 miles till I saw a
star or two, pulled over and watched till the holes filled back in.

Observed 4:15 - 4:40 local (12:15UT-12:40UT) with 70% obscuring clouds, LM 4.
Saw only 4 Leonids thru moving holes about the size of Orion.  Mags: -2, -1, 0,
1.  Cloud cover was thin enough that really bright fireballs would have been
visible thru them.  Clearly not the level of activity seen earlier in the day.
Completely cloudy now and raining again.  Well, at least I saw a few....

Kevin Wells
Auburn CA, USA