[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Not Much in Northern California, USA

I had a similar experience. I watched from 12:30 PST to 2:00AM PST, saw
12 meteors,
11 Leos, 1 Sporadic. The Leos ranges from a couple of faint 4s, to a
nice -5, that left a
5 second train. One really nice green one, looked like a flare!

Unfortunately, the wind blew clouds across my field of view, limiting
observing severly.
When the clouds were parted, conditions were good. I could clearly see 6
of the Pleides
sisters, and many fainter stars also. I watch Leo rise to about 15deg,
then the clouds rolled
in with some finality. I check again at 4:00 AM (PST), still solid cloud
cover, oh well,
it's supposed to be clearer tonight, so I'll try again.

The few that I did see were worth it!

Robert.