[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Phoenix, AZ, 7:23 - 10:15 UT 16-17/11

We saw a 150 meteors in just under 2 hours of observing, plus about a dozen
on the way home.  The best one was on the drive over to Lake Pleasant (at
12:23 AM, or 7:23 UT) where we had staked out a viewing spot.  It was
actually bright and defined enough to look like a jagged piece of burning
rock, and left a trail that lasted for nearly ten minutes, almost like a
jet contrail.  It was bright orange, looked like it was flaming, and sailed
across most of the sky moving east to west parallel to the top of the
windshield.

Most of the Leonids had persistent trails, most were much shorter than that
first one.  Lots were green, most white, some orange.  There were only a
few clearly non-Leonid.