[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Duh!

>I just received this anonymously.  Thought you all would be interested.
>I always thought that is what you called these..."stationary" meteors,
>because they "appear" to be stationary. I know they are NOT!  Perhaps, I
>should have called them "ones headed right for me" meteors?
>What's the proper term?  Also, I didn't realize our posts were going to
>Sky and Telescope.

I'm no expert, but I believe the more common term is "point meteors".

A couple examples of the usage:

http://www.knowledge.codot uk/frontiers/sf039/sf039p03.htm

http://atg1.wustldot edu/~kronkg/namn/chap2.html

Of course, people shouldn't condescend to you no matter what you call them!

--
Ben Kovitz <apteryx@chispdot net>
Author,  _Practical Software Requirements: A Manual of Content & Style_