[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids Tuesday EVENING

Would like to hear from Southern California meteor observers that were
viewing after 12:30 AM (0030 PST) Wednesday morning the 18th.

Results from "Tuesday EVENING" viewing at Mt Gleason, CA:

1730 PST to 2330 PST (with 70 minutes total dead time)
average LM 5.0 - 5.2 (clear skies, but with light pollution from LA basin
and Palmdale)

1 Leonid
3 N. Taurid
4 Sporadics
No fireballs

Detailed report will be mailed in.

(Later, At 0030 PST, from a moving car in  Sunland CA, I spotted a meteor,
that I have to guess was as bright as Jupiter at the time, traveling
straight down and due west - long train/not persistent/white/ball-shaped
coma/extinguished without flash above horizon.)