[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Leonids at 8PM?

Mr. Stanford,

Let me assure you that any meteor activity you or your astronomy class
saw between 8 and 10pm had nothing to do with the Leonid shower. It is
impossible to see any Leonid activity in the evening sky until the
radiant reaches a point within 2 degrees of the horizon. This occurs
at 11:15 PST in San Francisco.

Sincerely,

Robert Lunsford
American Meteor Society