[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Geminids

I don't mean to butt in on George's topic but I did not see a reply so
I will take the liberty to answer. The Geminids can be seen from
anywhere on Earth where one can see the constellation of Gemini and
particularly the bright star Castor. This means that all areas north of
latitude 60 South can see some Geminid activity. Rates will be very
low from South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand but they are visible.
The best Geminid rates occur near latitude 30 North where the radiant
passes through the zenith.

Best Wishes!

Robert Lunsford