[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Above North Atlantic ocean

Dear colleagues,

One account seems exceptionally interesting of all of the descriptions
that Ursa astronomical association has got from the leonids.
Number of Finns were either in Japan, China, Thailand or flying
aboard Finnair Helsinki-Tokyo during 17/18 November. However
one of us took a flight over Northern Atlantic during the pre-
vious night of 16/17 (!).

The view above Northern Atlantic was at least briefly fantastic. I am
asking the science producer Jari Makinen of the Finnish broadcasting
company) to tell himself of his flight. He is vice president of
Ursa astronomical association and ex-solar spot observer.
Please NOTE: he is not a meteorobs-member and I am member of digest
version only.

Best Regards, Marko Pekkola