[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) GeoZay 1998 Leonid Meteor Photos

Well....I just developed my film for two nights of leonid activity from 2
guided cameras. I can initially see 17 meteors on the negatives. I assume at
the moment that they are all Leonids. One frame has 4 leonids on it and at
least two other frames each have two leonids. I did not capture any of the
monster fireballs...which I sort of knew at the time. As I told Bob who was
with me, "If you want some fantastic meteor photos, just aim your camera's
opposite to where mine are pointed." Anyhow, they are keepers. Don't know when
I will be able to get to the dark room to make up some prints. Perhaps
sometime late next week. I wished I had more cameras to cover more of the
sky....maybe someday? Hopefully I can acquire at least one or two more for
next years leonid? Those guys in China who have large batteries of camera's
ought to come up with lots of good photos when they develop their films. From
the number of fireballs reported, there is bound to be someone who had caught
a monster fireball.  Well...I learned a few things this go around and
hopefully I will be able to utilize that knowledge? Now to prepare myself for
the Geminids.
George Zay