[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids from India

It started out as a very cloudy night but started clearing out at about
20:30 UT. It became beautifully clear (LM 6) & stayed that way till about
22hrs UT.
I got to see about 70 meteors, but this being my first proper meteor
observation session, I just lay back and enjoyed the show. (I think I'll
start recording the meteors I see from the next time!)
Most had trails lasting for abt 10 seconds or so. One was a beautiful blue
meteor that went across orion, but left no trail. I saw a few sporadics as
well.

The only problem I had was that it was very cold and moist & I had to keep
cleaning my spectacles very frequently. Anyone else with similar problems?

Clear skies to all,
Jai