[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Zay's Meteor Observing Guidebook

I believe there are a lot of new people here that may have got bitten by the
meteor observing "bug" and may be interested in doing it more frequently? If
you want your meteor information to be useful for Scientific purposes, there
are standard procedures on how this is done. I have written an unpublished
meteor observing guidebook that explains how this is done and has examples of
filled out observing forms as well as blank copies as your master set to make
more. This book is primarily aimed towards the beginner and intermediate
observer. A number of people on the meteor observers mailing list already has
a copy. If you would like a copy also, I can have one made up by photocopying
and spiral binding. For the photocopying and postage, it will cost U.S. and
Canadians $10 to have this done.I will mail them to you via air mail.  For
people in other countries it will cost the same, but due to high mailing
costs, they will be sent by surface mail. This takes about 2 months.  There is
no profit for me. Contact me privately to make arrangements. I cover areas
such as recording visual data by the "Counting Method", "Plotting Method",
Meteor photography, Fireball reporting and beginner FM radio monitoring of
meteors.
George Zay
Meteor Observer from
Descanso, California