[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Tape Recorder for observing?

Well, I'm thinking of trying to get more "formally" into observing
(hopefully with the upcoming Geminids) and I'm interested in trying the
"tape recorder" method.  Even indoors at a pleasant temperature in a
brightly-lit room, doing nothing else but writing, I am incapable of reading
my OWN handwriting; it's exponentially worse when I'm freezing my behind off
with a dim red-flashlight outside.........

So, what is the most inexpensive (a big concern for me) recorder-mic setup
that is reliable, fairly battery-efficient (with a long battery life, or
rechargeable or something), and easy to use in a meteor-recording situation?
And can be easily found at a Radio Shack or Circuit City or something.....

John Krempasky