[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Tape Recorder for observing?

John Krempasky wrote:

So, what is the most inexpensive (a big concern for me) recorder-mic setup
that is reliable, fairly battery-efficient (with a long battery life, or
rechargeable or something), and easy to use in a meteor-recording
situation?
And can be easily found at a Radio Shack or Circuit City or something.....

John,
     I just use my "boom box" from home. I leave it on record through the
entire session, on pause when I'm not using it. It sits on the ground next
to me. When I see A meteor I hit the pause, record the info then turn pause
back on. * D batteries have lasted at least two months, although I put in
fresh ones f/ Leonids, just to be safe.

John N