[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor Counts

><< ... 100-300 per hour depending on who you talk to ...  >>
>
>I was just wondering if some observers are counting every meteor seen as a
>Leonid? I don't hear much about sporadics as well NTAs, STAs, and AMOs.

Once I got going it seemed pretty easy for me to differentiate one from
another..the Leonids looked Green to me, the other stuff didn't :-)   Also,
there seemed to be two very distinct populations, directionwise......the
non-Leonid stuff seemed to be traveling in a very opposite direction,
usually West to East, dimmer, far less color, slower.

These would be Taurids, right?   Seemed to be an awful lot of them, compared
to some of the ZHRs I've seen for this shower...perhaps in all the Leonid
excitement somewhat of an unusual Taurid outburst was missed.