[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Phaethonids??? Wha....?

>Verish, Robert S wrote:

>I hope my sky is clearer for the Phaethonids than it was for the
>Tempel-Tuttlids!

It could be a lot worse...imagine if some of the comets we now know had
associated showers...

The IRAS-Araki-Alcockids?

My .02 is the Giacobinids should be just the freakin' Draconids....keep one
system...sure, going by constellation of radiant can cause some awkard names
(the Quadrantids?  Uggghh) but it will be a lot worse if any new comets and
showers get identified in the next few centuries...especially as more and
more commonly comets have upwards of three discoverers..

We KNOW the Leonids and the Perseids will ALWAYS be the Leonids and
Perseids..dot it's inconceivable they will become the Tempel-Tuttleids and the
Swift-Tuttleids...so as long as some of them get switched to the associated
Comet, but those don't, we have two different systems, confusing things more
than they need to be..