[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V1 #847

>Recently Alejo Echavarria wrote:
>
>>It seems the World will have to wait until 2033 to have a chance!...
>
>Don't discount 1999. The Lion may roar yet. Nothing may happen in 2033.

Actually, looking around at the WIDE variety of predictions and computer
modeling stuff on the web, quite a number of them predicted a higher ZHR or
higher storm probability in 1999.

Virtually everything I've seen indicates that after that there's little
possibility of a Leonid storm in the lifetimes of anyone on this list unless
cryogenic freezing or something gets developed in the 21st century...next
two returns very bad.

On the bright side, there's also an excellent chance of a Draconid storm in
2018, of course :-)

John Krempasky