[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Tape Recorder for observing?

Hi John,
I've been recording meteor observations with a tape redorder since the
Perseids in 96. I use a voice-activated Optimus recorder I bought at Radio
Shack for about $25. If there are a number of people around you however, you
may not want to use the voice-activation mode. In terms of batteries I replace
them frequently; they're not dead yet so I simply put them to some terrestrial
use. I also make sure I carry spare batteries with me just in case.
Tom