[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids Images on the Web

At 08:37 AM 11/21/98 -0500, Chiang Mai News wrote:
>Beautiful images captured during the Leonids meteor
>shower last week are posted now at
>http://www.chiangmainews.com/leonids/

Just had a look at these; two links which seem to have the same 6 pictures.
But what appeared curious to me is that five of the pictures seem to show
fireballs, with numerous very short streaks that, I suppose, were other
Leonids (apparently, one picture, meteor4.jpg, is of a trail that doesn't
show as well in the full-size jpg image). Or, were the very short streaks
all stars, the streaks caused as the camera moved slightly? That seems
likely since the streaks are all slightly off-angle from all the fireballs
and the one trail (in meteor4.jpg).

Clear skies,

SteveH
Shrewsbury MA