[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonid Meteorite

This all sounds bogus to me.....meteorites do not 'glow' on impact and
certainly wouldn't give off any heat hours after impact.  Plus, a 7.5kg chunk
of rock is BIG...certainly all the folks in that area would have come running
to see what was up.  Not to mention the reference to the meteorite being
'iron'...I do believe one needs to take a cross section and do a complete
chemical analysis to determine that.....I'll believe this one when I see it.

Mari