[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) mystery flash, 9:25 PM EST 11/20/98

At 12:17 PM 11/21/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I suspect that we witnessed what was likely a bolide.  Any other confirmed
reports?     In Astronomical Affinity - Felix A. Martinez

Hi Felix,

We were driving home after dining out last night 11/20/98 when my wife
apparently saw a very bright meteor in the N.W. at about the same elevation
and time as you describe. She described it as being green in color and very
bright. This apparently was the first Leonid meteor she has ever observed
before. She was really excited about it. I unfortunately missed it since I
was looking out the right window at the time. I have been trying to
convince her to come out and watch the Leonids with me for several nights
now, but she never really was interested I guess. I have been telling her
that these meteors have been quite spectacular, but she never seemed to be
interested. To her, it was just another one of my strange and crazy hobbies.
I guess some people just have to see for themselves.

Clear Skies,

Mark Mikutis
E-mail: perseus1@pcpartnerdot net