[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) mystery flash, 9:25 PM EST 11/20/98

>Driving north on U.S. Highway 29 in Central Virginia last night (20 Nov),
my wife Suzannah >and I saw a tremendously bright flash in the thinning
clouds to our NW.  I estimated the >flash to be about -15 and almost 30
degrees in the Northwest part of our sky.

That sounds about right.  If you saw it in the northwest and we saw it in
the southwest, at about the same altitude, in whose airspace would that
place it?  (I don't have a map handy.)

--
If it looks like a hydra, and moves like a hydra, it's a hydra.