[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Beware of the anonymous reports; Was (meteorobs) Prospector says he's fou...

In a message dated 98-11-21 22:50:26 EST::

>> A Leonid fragment may not make the man a multi-millionaire, but it
>> would certainly be a handy Christmas bonus.
>>
>> "It is most definitely an auctionable object. Something from the
>> Leonid shower would sell at Sotheby's for tens or hundreds of
>> thousands of dollars," Schmidt said.

Of course, the fact is that your average Leonid is probably no larger than a
pebble and has the consistancy of cigar ash. . . and at 44 miles per second
probably would not get any closer than 60 to 80 miles from the Earth's
surface.  But nonetheless, I'll bet that somebody will plunk some money down
to buy this bogus brick.

"Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public"
-- joe rao