[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Don't miss the Geminids Dec 13/14...a good shower

ease respond to meteorobs@latrade.com

To:   meteorobs@latrade.com
cc:
Subject:  Re: (meteorobs) Don't miss the Geminids Dec 13/14...a good shower

Any One out there have any good Idea's as to how to keep warm while
observing
mid Dec temps are usually in the 20's-30's which really deters late
night vigils.
and George don't say "Move to Fla." as that's not an option

Bruce

brucep@mnsidot net
www.mnsidot net/~brucep

Bruce,

     What I did for the leonids was this, Dress warmly, get in a sleeping
bag, bring along a couple of chemical hand warmers (You can get them at any
outfitters or such) When you take them out of the package they get
reasonably hot, and last ~7Hrs. I put one warmer in a pocket inside my
coat, the other one was moved around to any cold spot. Hope this helps

John N