[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) I did it!

Asaf,

> I'm happy to annouce that I passed the first part of the Israeli
> Astrophysics Olympiad for youth. The first part took place in the
> Tel-Aviv Universaty, the 27th of December.

Congratuations!

> I was told I'll need to bring a calculater, and that a bit scares me,
> since the Olympaid is supposed to be for 9th to 11th grade students,
> and I'm only in 8th grade... Anyone has an idea what kind of questions
> can be asked in astrophysics with using a calculater?

A meteor-related questions might be the minimum and maximum speeds
a meteor could have? (Given the mass of earth and sun, the distance
between earth and sun...) (It may not be so astrophysics...)

Good luck, Jin
Jin Zhu                           | Tel.: +86-10-62759888 (O)
Beijing Astronomical Observatory  |       +86-10-68392030 (H)
Chinese Academy of Sciences       |       +86-314-5054767 (Schmidt dome)
P. R. China                       | Fax : +86-10-62759888